Ferrol - Urban History
Consolidation
San Carlos Street, in the Esteiro district (1913)

Improvements in the city infrastructures arrived in the district of Esteiro in 1867, when its main street was paved and fitted with drains and pavements. These improvements were not extended to the adjacent Fernando Street until 1915. In those years, and unlike the rest of the district, San Carlos Street was modest but well-paved, with low houses with 'galerķas' (bow windows). Many of the city's seamstresses worked and lived in this area. On the right the electrical cables can be seen.

Ferrol City Council, Postcard collection
Close