Ferrol - Urban History
Foundation
The Obelisk of Fame, a tribute to Carlos III (2003)

In front of the Dock Gate, the Obelisk of Fame was built in 1786. It was a functional element, as it included the fountain that served the Dockyards and part of the neighbourhood of La Magdalena. It was also a place of memory: the obelisk was crowned with an image of 'Fame', blowing its clarion in honour of King Carlos III.

Photograph by the author
Close