Ferrol - Urban History
Foundation
Battery of San Carlos, at the mouth of the estuary (2004)

Seven coastal batteries were laid out along the entrance to the Ferrol estuary. Most were installed in the 1730s, as an initial stage in the construction of the Dockyards. The Battery of San Carlos (1772) was the last to be installed.

Photograph by the author
Close