Ferrol - Urban History
Foundation
Castle of La Palma, at the mouth of the estuary (2004)

Designed by the engineer Montaigu, the Castle of La Palma was built between 1731-44 over the remains of a previous fortress. It was twinned with the Castle of San Felipe, situated on the other side of the entrance to the estuary. Little remains of its original layout, modified by reconstruction in 1895.

Photograph by the author
Close