Knowledge is no longer shelved
Gain instant online access to a vast resource of academic excellence and publishing history from Cambridge Journals – our constantly growing Digital Archive takes knowledge off the shelf and makes it available world-wide, 24 hours a day.
This unique high-quality online resource is available as a Complete Digital Archive, as a Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) Archive, a Science, Technology and Medicine (STM) Archive, as smaller subject-based collections and as individual journal archives. The latest 2015 Complete Archive contains over 260 journal backfiles.
A complete listing in Excel is available here:
A downloadable PDF catalogue and 2016 PDF title list are available here:
Smaller Digital Archives are available in the following subjects, please contact us via the email addresses below for more details.
- Science and Technology
- Asian Studies
- Ecology & Conservation
- Language, Linguistics and Literature
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- Music & Drama
- Philosophy & Religion
- Physical Sciences
- Politics & Economics
The Cambridge Journals Digital Archives are a user friendly, accessible resource which complete your archive holdings and place current research in its historical context.
The Cambridge Journals Digital Archive (CJDA) is a leading high-functionality online backfile collection that contains over two centuries of digitized archive content:
- over 300 journals
- over 35,000 issues
- over 950,000 articles
- over 5 million pages
- over 11 million linked references
Clarity and Accuracy
- All content has been scanned from the original published material and reproduced as high-resolution, searchable PDFs.
- Journal covers, content listings, prelims, plates and maps are reproduced in their entirety, providing a complete digital reproduction of the original journal.
- Article headers and references are created as HTML files to allow easy access to data and reference linking between articles.
- Google Scholar book referencing is available from HTML footnotes.
- DOIs are registered for each article, facilitating full reference linking to the archive content via CrossRef.
- Archive title lists are available in KBART format via the 'Librarians' section of CJO.
- Networked and remote access options ensure content is available for all users, at their own convenience.
- Clear searching across archive and current content provides users with greater access to the complete body of research.
- Archive content can be tailored to individual users’ needs, with features including ‘save your favourite articles’ and ‘export citations’.
- Download archive content usage statistics.
Contact us now for pricing
We will be very happy to provide pricing for your individual needs, whether you are a single institution, a multi-site organisation or a consortium. For a price proposal, please contact email@example.com in the Americas, or firstname.lastname@example.org for the rest of the world.
The following issues are currently missing from the archive, and we are trying to source them. If you can help with supplying these issues, please contact Gavin Swanson. (email@example.com)
Acta Neuropsychiatrica (NEU): Volume 9 issue 1, Volume 10 issues 1- 2, Volume 13 issues 2 and 4
Africana Newsletter (AFN): Volume 1 issues 1 and 2
African Studies Newsletter/ASA News (ASN): Volume 1 issues 1, 3, 4, 6 and 7, Volume 3 issues 2-5, Volume 5 issues 3 and 6, Volume 6 issues 1 and 5, Volume 7 issues 1-6, Volume 8 issues 1-6, Volume 11 issues 2, 4 and 5, Volume 22 issue 4 and Volumes 40-42
African Studies Review (ASR): African Studies Bulletin Volumes 1-4
Albion (ALB): Volume 5 issue 1 and Volume 11 issue 2
Australian Journal of Rehabilitation Counselling (JRC): Volume 1 issue 1
Canadian Journal of Linguistics (CNJ): Volume 60 issues 2 and 3
CNS Spectrums (CNS): Volume 3 issue 5, Supplements to volumes 1, 2 and 6
CORD News (DRJ): Volume 1 issue 1, Volume 2 issue 1 and Volumes 3-5
International Review of the Red Cross (1961-1997) (RCE): Volume 30 issue 279
Issue: Quarterly Journal of Opinion (AFI): Volumes 1-4, 13, 16 issue 1, 17 issue 2 and 23 issue 1
Itinerario (ITI): Volume 2 issues 3 and 4
News for Teachers of Political Science (NTP): Volumes 1-10
Prehospital and Disaster Medicine (PDM): Volume 1 issue 4
Proceedings of the American Political Science Association (POP): Volume 6
Proceedings of the Nutrition Society (PNS): Volumes 6-11
Revista Internacional de la Cruz Roja (RCS): Volume 2 issue 15
ASA Review of Books (SAR): Volumes 4 and 5
The following issues are missing from the archive, and are in the process of being produced:
The Aboriginal Child at School (JIE): Volume 3
Acta geneticae medicae et gemellologiae: twin research (AMG): Volume 42 issue 1
Acta Neuropsychiatrica (NEU): Volume 13 issue 3 and 14 issue 4
Albion (ALB): Volume 30 issues 2-3, Volume 31 issues 1-4, Volume 32 issues 1,3 and 4, Volume 33 issues 1, 2 and 4, Volume 34 issue 4 and Volume 35 issues 1-2
The Americas (TAM): Volume 31 issue 1
Australian Educational and Developmental Psychologist (EDP): Volume 1 issues 1 and 2, Volume 3 issue 2, Volume 5 issue 1 and Volume 12 issue 1
Animal Science (ASC): Animal Science Volumes 68 - 79
African Studies Review (ASR) Volumes: 5 issues 2 and 3, 6 issues 3 and 4, 7, 24 and 26.
Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BCP): B. A. B. P. Bulletin Volumes 1 and 2
Biographical Studies, 1534-1829 (BCH): Volumes 1-3
British Journal of Nutrition (BJN): Volume 78 supplement 2
BSAP Occasional Publication (OBA): Volumes 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16 and 19 to 35
Canadian Journal on Aging / La Revue canadienne du vieillissement (CJG): Volume 23 issue 1
Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences (CJN): Volume 4 issues 1 and 2
Cambridge Classical Journal (CCJ): Proceedings of the Cambridge Philological Society New Series Volumes 4, 5, 12, 16-18 and Old Series Volumes 4-6, 16-18 and 28-30
CNS Spectrums (CNS): Volume 10 Supplement 19
CORD News (DRJ): Volume 1 issue 2 and Volume 2 issue 2
Epidemiologia e psichiatria sociale. Monograph Supplement (EPX): Supplement 8
International Astronomical Union Colloquium (IAC): Volumes i, ii, v, vi, ix, xii, xiii, xv, 2, 18, 19, 38, 50, 54, 92, 104:2, 128, 139, 162, 182, 191, 192 and 194
Israel Law Review (ISR): Volume 44 issue 3
Itinerario (ITI): Volume 1 issue 3/4
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AAE): Volumes 7, 16, 18, 19, 21-23, 33 and 46 issues 3 and 4
Journal of British Studies (JBR): Volume 1 issue 1 and Volume 26 issue 4
Journal of Functional Programming (JFP): Volume 1 issue 2
Journal of Helminthology (JHL): Volume 26 issue 2, Volume 26 issue 3
Journal of the Institute of Actuaries (JIA): Volumes 1-100
Journal of Materials Research (JMR): Volume 7 issue 1
Journal of Paleontology (JPA): Volume 84 issue 3
Journal of the Staple Inn Actuarial Society (JIS): Special issue 1998
Materials Research Society Internet Journal of Nitride Semiconductor Research (MIJ): Volumes 4 and 5 supplementary issues
Memoirs of the Entomological Society of Canada (MCE): Issue 65 (accompanying issue to Canadian Entomologist Volume 101)
Netherlands Journal of Geosciences (NJG): Volume 85 issue 2 and Volume 86 issue 3
Political Science Teacher (PST): Volume 2 issue 1 and Volume 3 issue 3
Prehospital and Disaster Medicine (PDM): Volume 1 issue 2/3, Volume 23 issue 3 and various supplements to Volumes 8, 10, 17-19, 22-25
Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh. Section B. Biology (PRB): Volume 62 issue 3
PS: Political Science & Politics (PSC): PS Volume 1 issues 2 and 4
Psychological Medicine Monograph Supplement (PMS): Volume 9
Ramus (RMU): Volume 34 and Volume 37
Recherches Économiques de Louvain/ Louvain Economic Review (LER): Volumes 1-76 and 80
Recusant History (BCH): Volume 4 issues 5 and 6, 11-17
The Review of Politics (ROP): Volume 58 issue 1
Symposium - International Astronomical Union (IAS): Volumes 8, 23, 47, 76, 100-118 ,120-123,125,127-130 ,133-139 ,143-147, 149-156, 163, 165-167, 173, 185, 190, 192, 195, 197, 198, 206, 207, 216
Transactions of the International Astronomical Union (IAT): Volumes 8 and 9
Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh: Earth Sciences (TRE): Volume 97 issue 4 Supplement
Zygote (ZYG): Volume 8 Supplement 1
The Cambridge Journals Digital Archive has been compiled only with the assistance of many organisations and individuals.
The majority of the content has been supplied by either the editors, editorial offices or the learned societies on whose behalf we publish their journals. In addition, where there were gaps in the runs of journals that could not be filled from these sources, we have relied on the services of the British Library, Periodicals Services Company and numerous used and antiquarian book dealers, where copies might be found.
In several cases, librarians and individuals have contacted us, in response to the notices of missing issues, very kindly to lend or donate their copies. As a result, we estimate that fewer than 30 issues remain to be found. As we digitise new journals and add to the Collections, this list will be updated.
Missing archives are listed on the page called Additional Archive Issues Required, which can be found above. If you are able to help by lending any copies, please contact Gavin Swanson. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To everyone who helped by lending or donating copies of journals – thank you!
These are the libraries and individuals who have lent us copies:
- Professor Chris Arme and Judith Stevens, Keele University, UK
- University of Birmingham, UK
- Professor Peter Brooks, University of Plymouth, UK
- Brynmor Jones Library, University of Hull, UK
- Professor Iain Cameron, University of Southampton, UK
- Cornell University Library, Ithaca, USA
- Professor Mark Davies, UK
- Flinders University Library, Adelaide, Australia
- Gibson D. Lewis Health Science Library, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, US
- Glasgow University Library, UK
- Michael Heal, UK
- Hedmark University College Library, Norway
- Harri Hemila, Finland
- Hirsh Health Sciences Library, Tufts University, USA
- John Ryland Library, The University of Manchester, UK
- Professor Gordon Johnson, University of Cambridge, UK
- Margareta Kimble, UK
- London School of Economics Library, London, UK
- Professor John Maynard, USA
- Professor Roger Parker, UK
- The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Revd Canon John Rees, UK
- Professor Malcolm Rutherford, University of Victoria, BC Canada
- Shaw-Smith Performing Arts Library, University of Maryland, USA
- Simon Fraser University Library, British Columbia, Canada
- Maureen Street, UK
- Dr Thomas S Torrance, UK
- University of Colorado, Denver, USA
- University of St Andrews, UK
- University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
- Mr Neil Weir, UK
- Andrew White, Landcare Research, New Zealand